Just back from a long trip to New Zealand. Re-entry into US culture can be a bit of a shock.
Ways you can tell when you are in the USA
- "Delayed" appears on the screen after your flight number
- People are pushy and obnoxious
- Coffee is weak and puny
- But the milk shakes are actually thick and heavy
- And so are most of the people
However, on this my third trip to New Zealand. I've noticed
- that the people are increasingly rude and pushy around Auckland.
- the traffic is awful (Auckland adds 280 cars PER DAY! to the road system)
- there is more trash laying around than there was six years ago on my first trip
- the once excessively health conscious people are becoming thick and heavy
- the politics of New Zealand are increasingly screwed up
I'm so glad that we, in the US, can have such a powerful impact on the rest of the world. Soon, I can feel at home wherever I go.